Posts Tagged Twitter
Some days ago I came across an interesting post on clickz.com – all wrapped-up in a simple graphic:
I like the concept very much, but also started to think about how this would translate into the employee lifecycle (ELC). Frankly, after having this idea I googled first instead of wasting brainpower, but I couldn’t find anything similar related to the ELC. So as a first result from these thoughts I put together another simple graphic:
It’s still very conceptual and I don’t claim to have the one and only version of the ELC, but for a start and as a visualization of (my) professional common sense it works well.
Nonetheless this graphic is missing a proper conceptual background. I started thinking about how to structure the social media along the ELC based on certain criteria, e.g. internal or external recipients, what you can see in the middle circle. There would be a larger number of criteria though, which makes the whole too complex to aggregate in one simple graphic (maybe an infographic would work better). And even as a theoretical construct it will go beyond the scope of a blog post:
- Spread: one to many, many to one, many to many, one to one
- Content: individualized vs. generic
- Content: user generated vs corporate
- Content: details/Facts vs broader picture
- Frequency: continuous, on demand
- Purpose: motivation, education, administration, sourcing,…
- Goal: information vs call-to-action
- Recipients: internal vs. external
So, lots of work to do. I like to encourage everyone to contribute his/her thoughts or, be my guest, take this and develop it further. If someone already knows where to find an existing concept – this would save some brainpower…
- Social Media and the Employee Life Cycle (hrringleader.com)
- Social Media and the Employee Life Cycle (socialmediatoday.com)
In The Atlantic Megan Garber has put together a nice code of conduct and some relevant data for everyone who uses Twitter for more than just check-ins…
Consistent in content, message and making – and most important: fun to watch!
- Age Communication Corporate Culture CSR Demography Disability Diversity Employer Branding facebook Future Workplace Gender Gen Y Infographics Innovation Leadership LinkedIn Megatrends Multimedia Pinterest Posts in Deutsch Productivity Recruiting Skills Social Media Talent Management Tools Twitter Uncategorized Video YouTube
Tag CloudAge Appreciation Apps Best practice Big Data Boston Consulting Group BranchOut careerloft Chronicle of Higher Education Corporate communication Corporate Culture CSR Demography Diversity EBay Employer Branding Employment facebook feedback FourSquare Future Workplace Gender Generation Y Gen Y Gero Hesse Harvard Business Review HBR Infographics Information graphics Innovation Institute For The Future Internet Marketing Jeff Bullas Jobvite Kenexa Kinzaa Knowledge Kraft Mac Leadership LinkedIn Meeting Megatrends Merck Microsoft Mobile Multimedia Online Communities Performance management Pharmaceutical industry Pinterest Predictions Productivity Public relations Queb Qype Recognition (sociology) Recruiting Recruitment review portal Rypple Résumé Skill Skills social media Social media marketing Social network Statistics Talent management tools Trends Twitter video Work Yelp YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.